Jul 1, 2008

Mysterious absence explained


Meg and I were away for a week's biking/camping vacation in Oregon and along the Columbia Gorge, including a stunning bike ride along the (then still closed to cars) Crater Lake east rim drive road.

Below is my amateur attempt to show you the joys of Crater Lake: a Quicktime VR panorama of some of it. Click on it to download it, open it in Quicktime Player, then zoom in & out and drag your mouse around in the picture to pan left/right/up/down. (Quicktime player for PC or for Mac available FREE here). Or you can view it using RealPlayer.


Here's the Quicktime VR file: Crater_Lake.qt (big 4 MB file, might take a while, but it's worth it)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, gorgeous... I went there once when I was a kid -- I think it's time to take my kids there.