It's official that the Starbucks in the Safeway building on Madison is going to close (anyone know when?) so we'll be left with 3 empty storefronts along Madison.
Jim Mueller (who'll be bringing life to the street with his redevelopment of the Deano's and Twilight sites, opening in ~ 2 years) had a suggestion about the empty storefronts:
That retail would lease if they could get 5-6 parking spaces on the street in front of it. Too bad no one’s working on it.
I strolled the street and found street parking available on all the adjacent blocks:
- 2000 block E. Madison, north side (Deano's side): No Parking 7 - 9 AM. Otherwise allowed
- 2000 block E. Madison, south side (Twilight, Planned Parenthood side). 30 Minute Load/Unload outside back clinic, 1 Hour parking (7AM - 6 PM) outside Twilight.
- 2200 block E. Madison, south side: NO PARKING (and a bus stop)
- 2100 block E. Madison, north side (Firestone, DeCharlene's): No Parking 7 - 9 AM. Otherwise allowed
- 2200 block E. Madison, north side (empty lot opposite Chester Dorcey's): No Parking 7 - 9 AM. Otherwise allowed
- 2300 block E. Madison, south side (Crush): one space 30 Minute Load/Unload, otherwise allowed.
- 2300 block E. Madison, north side (Bottleneck): No parking 7 - 9 AM, 2hr parking 9 - 6.
I've created a Surveymonkey survey for your response. The survey also asks what stores you'd like to see on Madison.
Click Here to take survey
Survey will close after July 28th. Many thanks.