|Architects Wolf Saar & Matt Roewe at the informal meeting|
|Design Review team at work|
- Jan 4th: informal meeting with architects and Aegis Living reps at Capitol Hill Housing's Elizabeth James house (just N. of the planned facility). Well attended, very informative meeting: many neighbors, mostly from 22nd Ave E., learnt about the plans and questioned the developers. A good fraction turned up at:
- Jan 5th Early Design Guidance Hearing, the official City planning meeting. Architects slide presentation is here and the Design Review report is here, and my impressions are below. In brief: the Board approved plans to chop down several large "exceptional" trees, but didn't like the plans for the visitor and delivery driveways on 22nd, and required the applicants to rework them and present them at:
- another Early Design Guidance Meeting at 6:30 PM on Wednesday February 16th, in room 102/103 of Seattle Vocational Institute, 2120 S. Jackson Street. The applicants Design Proposal should be available here a few days prior to the meeting.
- The team would be happy to meet informally with us again on Tuesday Feb 15th, if there is sufficient community interest. Please E-mail me, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like a meeting.
- NOTE: I video recorded the architect and Aegis reps presentations at the Board hearing and posted them on YouTube. I suggest you follow along using the architects' illustrations. Here is Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4 of the videos (about 10 mins each).
|(click to enlarge and make legible)|