Apr 3, 2007

Crime Watch: be alert to seemingly innocent kids

(via the usual chain of friends of friends)
For those of you in the Central District\Madrona area...

Subject... Recent house break in and suspicious behaviour
Forwarding from my area blockwatch group

Hi All,

I just heard from my wife that an work acquaintance just had their
house broken into last night. Her friend lives at 29th and
Jefferson. Their computers and some other stuff got stolen. About
two weeks ago, two kids came to his door selling candy and asked to
use the bathroom (and also for some water). He said they could see
his computers from where the kids went.

What is troubling is that a couple of Saturday's ago I had a very
similar experience. Two children, a boy and a girl came to my door
selling candy. The boy asked if he could use the bathroom. I was a
bit nervous about letting him. The girl was very forward about
getting into the house and this also made me very uncomfortable.
She then proceeded to ask inappropriate questions, including whet her
or not I owned a dog. She really gave me the feeling that they
were "casing" our house and I refused to give her any more answers.
Since this experience I've been on high alert!!

Has anyone else had a similar experience lately? I'm going to
followup tomorrow with the police and report my experience and see
if they have heard of this. I'll ask them what they suggest to do
should anyone else have these kids knock and let everyone know what
they say. It's a shame to think that its possible that such young
kids might be being used by others to perpetrate these crimes...

No comments: